Public Memory – Elegiac Beat (2023)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 41:38 minutes | 445 MB | Genre: Electronic, Trip-Hop
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © felte
Over the past seven years, Public Memory’s distinctive use of analog synthesizers, electronic beats mixed with organic percussion, lo-fi sound design, and gritty ambience has created a singularly eerie and shadowy world.
The first seconds of Public Memory’s new record, Elegiac Beat, thrust us immediately into that world. We are in media res, with a feeling of sudden movement from a sensible point A to B. Given some time however, we realize that there is something askew–a bit of brightness here, some shadows pushed aside, some jazz and funk amongst the dub and Krautrock. This is an unfamiliar, ambiguous mood that pushes Public Memory towards new ground. We still drift past the clouded lights and hollowed out buildings of previous albums, but with an occasional bounce in our step now, a bit of golden haze around the edges.
Elegiac Beat is between two places, and as it straddles the line between the two, we are uncertain if the light it brings shines directly from the sun, or if it is dimly reflected through that majestic ballroom world.
01. Public Memory – Clocktower Époque (03:55)
02. Public Memory – Savage Grin (02:55)
03. Public Memory – Afterimage (03:41)
04. Public Memory – Cruel (03:56)
05. Public Memory – 7 Floor (04:37)
06. Public Memory – The Spider Starves (05:01)
07. Public Memory – No Shadow (03:33)
08. Public Memory – Far End Of The Courtyard (03:56)
09. Public Memory – Tall In My Room (06:42)
10. Public Memory – CPL 593H (03:18)
Download from FileJoker: